Sunday, September 28, 2008

Oh ya, almost forgot!

Yep, I went on ANOTHER blind date. I don't mind...it's fun! If no relationship results, at least it's a story for all my friends to hear! So, this guy is pretty funny...let's call him Jay. Anyways, we went to the US Airways Arena (FKA America West Arena) and watched the Gymnastic Superstars perform to some great music! (These are the Beijing olympic gymnists people! You know Shawn Johnson & Nastia Lukin and the whole men's team...don't know their names). Awesome?? YES!!!! I was soo stoked!

Anywho, we took forever to get there because the guy is new to Arizona and didn't know his way around and since there are a lot of one way streets in Phoenix...a lot of illegal u-turns happened that night. We parked on some far random street and walked about 15 min. to get to the arena.

Had a good time watching the gymnastics. Left, went to Jack in the Box and got shakes and drove home. Nothing super happened EXCEPT...during our car conversation I asked him what his hobbies were and he started off by saying, "well, it should be, it used to be, I need to start back into it again..."

At this very moment I'm thinking I know what he's gunna say but I'm also thinking, "no way, he couldn't say this...it's just too weird."

But YES! He does in fact say that his hobby is READING/MEMORIZING SCRIPTURES. I mean, that's all good and well and he must be going straight to the Celestial Kingdom. (See LDS.org if you don't know what that is). But...what am I gunna do with that? He didn't follow up with oh ya and football/soccer/golf/softball/hockey. JUST SCRIPTURES. Come on! I didn't know what to say. It's was really weird. I have never gotten that response to a HOBBY question before. Well, good for him.

2 comments:

Merkley Jiating said...

I read that out loud to Sam! Sad day for that boy. I think he has missed all of the talks about balance. I am really jealous that you got to go to the gymnastics thing though!

Merkley Jiating said...

I read it again (that means you need to post again!) and I laughed again. That's a lot of agains!
-Emily