Thursday, November 6, 2008

AEPA...is comin to town

So, anyone that has ever gotten a teaching degree knows about the AEPA-Arizona Educator Proficiency Assessment. (Unless you got certified in another state). It is one of the zillion things that could make or break you on your path to becoming a teacher. It not only tests your skills...it loves your pocket book too! It is one pricy test! It has a bunch of components but I think it ends up costing....around $150...and that is if you pass it the first time. Heaven forbid you should fail and pay another fine! BLAH!

Who has the money for this stuff?
Not me.
And we all know teachers don't get paid much so I probably won't be reimbursed for it.

Anyway, I mention the test because I'm going to an ASU prep class in a few weeks and I don't really know what to expect. I mean, I probably won't do that great because I hardly did my reading for any of my classes...I can't help it that the text my teachers assign is boring!

I would probably say this test is the equivalent to the Bar exam for lawyers. Not as hard for sure but still...ANNOYING and lots of studying and money!

Wish me luck...I'm a gunna need it!

2 comments:

Jeff and Kelsey said...

Welcome to the real world where it costs money to make money!

Geevz said...

I wouldn't waste the time on a prep course. I did the entire practice test online and that helped me a lot. I took secondary ed stuff so I'm sure it is different. But it is a beast no matter what. I would just try not to over think the questions too much. The professional knowledge is a lot of common sense and stuff from your curriculum class. NAU has a 98% passing rate for its grads so you know it can't be that hard. Good luck!