Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Not Your Everyday Inauguration

Well, the day finally came. I started my student teaching. Yes, it was scary/exciting/nerve-racking/ you name it! But there were ups and downs. The transition wasn't actually as bad as I was fearing. My mentor teacher is WONDERFUL. The class....a little scary to handle. There are a few students that I am intimidated by almost every minute of the day. I have never worked with major behavioral issues like I saw today. It shocked me to the core.

BUT, that is not what this post is about. I wanted to tell you we were allowed to watch the inauguration of the 44th president today. (3rd graders have quite a short attention span) I swear my special education preschoolers could have paid better attention. No matter, I enjoyed watching it. Especially because I honestly don't remember ever watching it before.

ANYWHO- after they watched it, the teacher asked them to write down why this specific inauguration was so monumental. These were some of their mighty hilarious responses:
  • Because Obama was the 1st Native-American present
  • He is African-American and black
  • I don't know
  • I think because the other presidents of the world are white and Obama isn't

6 comments:

Zank said...

Congratulations on your first day of student teaching, I hope that you are able to enjoy the experience and always remember why you got into it in the first place.
I love the responses from the kids, be sure to keep them coming, maybe you could write a book about it someday.

Merkley Jiating said...

I would definitely recommend the cruise and I didn't hear of any scandalous things but we didn't go to the club at all. There were probably some things going on there. :-)

Holly Janeen said...

oh my lanta.
thanks for sharing... i am laughing so hard!
kids these days... i tell ya.

Photography By Jo said...

Congrats on student teaching!
hahaha the kids are too funny.

Kate said...

Yay for student teaching! Those were some funny comments!

Jonathan and Sarah said...

Hey Camel!
We might just have to take you up on your offer! ;) I'm so glad you miss me... I miss you too!! What have you been up to? I need details... Will you be coming to my baby shower in a few weeks? I hope so because I would love to see you!!!!