Thursday, May 7, 2009

Maybe I'll Go to Alaska!!!

Ya, maybe.

Sunday night there was a fireside. After the fireside was over, there was socializing & refreshments(of course!) It wouldn't be a complete LDS event if there wasn't!

Anywho, I got to talking to an old co-worker and she mentioned a nanny position in Alaska. At first I thought, "Good luck with that!" And, the more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea...me, a nanny. It is right up my ally with my major in early childhood.

So, long conversation b/w her and I short, she gave me the sister-in-law of the family's information. I emailed her my contact and resume info and she forwarded it on to the family. So...


Don't know if I'm going for sure as of today but...sounds adventurous enough. I've got butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it! We'll see. It would be a good way to escape this horrendous 100 degree weather for sure!!! (Alaska's summer high temperatures are like 60 degrees. I don't know that I own that much warm clothing!) I'll let you know what the final decision is for sure though.

9 comments:

Travis Butterfield said...

it would be fun to go there for a summer, but nothing more than that! ha ha. that sounds cool. I hope you get it!

Katie said...

wow that DOES sound adventurous! :)

The Blakes said...

You should go! What a great experience, and the school systems here are in the crapper.

Jonathan and Sarah said...

I hope you get to go. I think that would be something really amazing for you to do. What an adventure!!!

indeazgirl said...

If you want to borrow my super warm amazing J. Crew hoodie, let me know. Be good to it. And bring it back smelling like Alaska. And good luck deciding!

Britt said...

Do it!!! I absolutely LOVE Alaska. It is so beautiful. AND you can totally survive the winters. They really aren't THAT bad! :)

Bethany said...

Camille! How are you?! You should go to Alaska that would be fun!

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Hey did I tell you that I just applied for a job in AK too?

Amy said...

That would be a great adventure! My family lived in Wasilla when I was 8. I loved the summers! Not so much the winters, so you're in luck! You would be a perfect nanny too! Good luck!