Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Guess WHAT???!!!

I'm very excited and nervous to announce to the world that on Friday, May 4th, I learned this next school year I will be a 2nd grade teacher at a charter school about 10 minutes away from my house!!!  Life is about to get crazy hectic guys!!!  30 ELL students.  1 first year teacher.   
This is me with my lame construction paper mustache at a Cinco de Mayo party.


I'm determined to read as many teaching books as I can before the new year begins.  If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.  I definitely want to be the best teacher possible for many reasons...but mainly to prove to my scaredy-cat self that I can really do this.  That I'm capable of being super awesome at something!

1 comment:

Geevz said...

You are going to be super awesome! I liked "First Days of School" by Harry Wong if you want a place to start.

And my sister and I would always comfort ourselves with the quote, "They may not remember what you taught them, but they will always remember how you made them feel." So if you start getting nervous, just remember to love the kids and you'll do just fine.

Best of luck!