Monday, July 23, 2012

He Proposed and I Said I Guess

We went over to his twin brother's house to watch a movie.  (Which we had never done before so that in and of it's self was a tip-off that this was no ordinary evening.)  Then, they just start the movie...which I was kind of annoyed about because I like to have a say in what we watch.  We didn't even discuss it.  So then I was kind of acting like a brat on the couch...which I actually feel really bad about.

      I pulled out my phone and started playing Bejeweled...I didn't feel that bad about doing that because his brother and sister-in-law were BOTH playing on their laptops on the other side of the couch.

     As we were watching Indiana Jones and The Raiders of the Lost Ark, little flashes of, what I thought were home videos, kept popping up amidst the movie.  (I later came to find out they were supposed to be little subliminal messages-pictures of me)  I said, "Jordan, what is wrong with your movie?  Something keeps popping up."  He said, "Oh, ya, that's cause I burned it on my computer."  It seemed weird but I just accepted it because the movie played fine except those parts.

      About 15 minutes into the movie, another movie starts playing.  It's a movie Jordan made of how we met. He and a co-worker were acting it out.  I thought it was really cute and kinda laughed through it.  (Not because I was laughing at it, but because I still wasn't sure what was going on...I thought that was another accident as well).  It finished up with a picture montage of us.  I said, "Oh, that was sweet and cute."

      Then, Jordan got down in front of me and said, "You know what else is cute?  Will You Marry Me?"  (I figured this, and he told me later, that he planned on saying other stuff but I think he was nervous...though he says he wasn't.)

       I was very surprised at him actually proposing so I was kinda silent and then I was laughing and saying, "Are you serious?  Are you really doing this?"  I turned to his brother and said, "Is he serious?!"  Jordan said, "Yes!"

      Then, Jordan pulled out the most gorgeous ring I ever saw...the one I wanted which I didn't know he had gotten!  I said, "YES!!!"  His brother goes, "What was that?  Did you say, 'I guess?'"  I said, "No, I said, I YES!!!  His brother said, "Good, cause it's kind of an important decision to just say 'I guess' about.  Ha ha."

       Of course kissing followed and we ended the movie and left.  I guess he just wanted to do it at his brother's house...

So...a little about the ring...I had a VERY specific ring I was hoping he would get me but fearing he wouldn't since we didn't go ring shopping...little did I know, one time when I was away from my phone, he pulled a picture of it off and sent it to himself...then, to cover his tracks he deleted the message he sent himself so I didn't know he did that.  He is a very sly dog. :)



         We are so very very excited to get married!  If you care to know, we have already booked the temple (because we have been talking about getting married for quite some time now).  August 31st, 2012!!!  Yep, I know that's 38 days away...but, who's counting?!  Ha :)


5 comments:

Arizona Girl said...

Congratulations!!

Twisted Sweeties said...

what?! That is coming up quick! Congratulations! I hope you come and visit soon, because it has been far too long since I've seen you! Very VERY happy for you!
--Maggie

Steph said...

Congrats! So fun!

Lindsey Layton said...

This is so exciting!!! Congrats :) good luck with the wedding plans--it's coming up quick!

lindsay said...

CAMILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy and excited for you! and dang, 38 days! (short engagements are the way to go anyway.) Do you need help with getting anything ready? What are your wedding colors? Please let me know if I can help you with anything!