Sunday, March 30, 2008

Have You Ever Heard of a...

FOAM PARTY!?!
Well, I had never....until this last weekend. It was sooo crazy there. I didn't know who was throwing the party but-who does these days?
Apparently a "foam party" is really just a party with soap suds being formed by some machine in some part of a building/room/house. In my case, it was in the garage of some one's house in Mesa. (Which was really funny that it would be allowed in the house because there was a "for sale-by Realtor" in the front lawn). And in case your imagination of a "foam party" isn't good enough...let me enlighten you on the details.

It is extremely messy. So much so in fact that the bubbles were being produced in the garage and they were tracked into the main dance floor/living room and in through the kitchen. True this wasn't a large house but it was big enough. I pity the person cleaning up after the party...bleh! Any who, inside the garage was 1 or 2 machines producing these suds or bubbles. They were set up on top of some shelves on the East and West sides of the garage. It was also pretty dangerous cause I was wearing 4 inch heels! (I dislike very much being short). And, once the bubbles had popped and hit the ground, they turned to liquid.

I attempted to enter the bubble-filled room a few times throughout the evening but there was something about the heat emanating from the room and the fact that I was wearing a dress that made me nervous to participate in the festivities.

I inched my way bravely into the room where I stood against the wall and starred at all the people soaking up the suds and dancing about. Of course, I got dragged in to the bubbles by some guy. He just couldn't stand a girl missing out on the glory of silly bubbles. He pulled me in all the way and made me stand under the machine spewing bubbles. Screaming and closing my eyes tight I was immediately immersed. Since there was also a strobe light in the room I was super disoriented. I got comfortable enough to dance with him for like, I don't know, 20-some seconds and then made my way out of the room to breath and to see how bubbly I actually got. Yep, my legs were wearing bubble pants and my hair was wet and pasted to my head. Luckily the house had a pool in the backyard where I rinsed off the bubbles and returned to the house to dance without bubbles attached to me.

I'm glad to say I made it out alive and I guess it wasn't too bad. I just like to freak out sometimes when I try new things....and then they end up not being that bad.

P.S. I realize looking at my last post, this means I'm a hypocrite but who isn't? Admitting it is the first step!

2 comments:

Jonathan and Sarah said...

that sounds like a blast!

Travis Butterfield said...

hmmm. that's weird. I think those parties are usually supposed to be pretty dirty. like an underwear party - you know? but, I guess if it's a mormon party it would be pretty clean . . .