Monday, June 9, 2008

Sharing what I know!

I found this useful tip on some random person's blog and decided to share it with y'all because everyone likes to learn how to be creative don't they?
"A friend had taught me this trick, and it's very simple to do. After you paint your toes, take a toothpick (I clip the end with a fingernail clipper to make the end blunt) and dip it in some craft paint. Be sure to dot it on some paper first so you don't get a globby mess on your toes, I like to practice making the flowers first. Then pick where you want to put your flower (middle, top, bottom). I start the flower by dotting the middle first (usually in yellow). Then I take another color and dot the petals (5 dots, usually white). Now this is optional but it adds a nice touch: Take another toothpick, not trimmed, and make tiny speckles off to the sides of the flower. Now once you've made your pretty flower, be super careful not to smudge it and let it dry! The wood paint takes longer to dry, so you'll need to be patient. Once they're dry, take a clear coat nail polish and paint over them. This will prevent them from peeling off. And that's it! You'll impress without spending the big bucks!" Good luck!!! :)
Final Product:

No comments: