Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Judge a Book by its Cover


WHO is the person who started the quote, "don't judge a book by its cover?" Cause, he/she is wrong! Okay, so he's NOT wrong but I'd like to think so. It's so misleading to find a cute romantic book with an attractive cover, then read the first chapter and find the writing and/or plot isn't so intriguing after all! I would now like to strongly promote the last book I read though. It's all of the things you wish an excellent book would be...well, what I wish a book would be!

It has well-rounded characters, a cute/attractive cover, and a completely blissful ending!!! I loved it so much I wrote a positive review on the author's website. And, I even went back to the book the next day and skipped to my favoritest parts to re-read them. Readers can attest to the glee you feel when the book is just so good-I cannot explain it but it's an awesome feeling you don't want to give up. I found myself willing the book to NEVER end. I was happy to get close to the end cause I just knew it was gunna be good but also at the same time as I saw less pages at the end, I thought, "NOOO....! It's almost over!"

3 comments:

Photography By Jo said...

Hmm I'm going to have to put that on my list of reads. :) thanks for the review!

Cristin said...

I was actually in the same ward as Elodia (the author) for 3 years. Her backstory is really interesting too.

Geevz said...

I may read it just for the cute shoes on the cover.