Thursday, May 28, 2009

Are you on Holiday?

This is what the English woman on the seat next to me said as we were landing in Juneau. Today marks DAY 1 of my summer nanny job. It was...uh...Fantastic! The mom is wonderful. The kids are a riot and adorable. (And I'm not just saying that cause they have access to my blog!)

Tonight I am staying in a hotel room. It's really strange to be in here all by myself. I feel like, FREE. Like, I should be jumping up and down on the beds. Or, taking a 3 hour bath. Or, going crazy. I dunno. It's fun!

Okay, the only bad thing about today was...ugh! A woman on the plane walked by me and stunk. I looked up and she was smelling her arm pits...and WORSE, THERE WAS LIKE 3 INCHES OF HAIR JUMPING OUT OF HER PITS. EE-wewewwwwwwwwwwww! I contained my yelp as I was in a public setting and didn't want to alarm the baby in the row next to me. That's it for today....No pictures yet. Don't worry. There WILL be ple-n-tey!

2 comments:

Merkley Jiating said...

That is so exciting that you are being a nanny! It is awesome that you are doing your own thing. That will definitely be a treasured memory.

Jonathan and Sarah said...

AGH!!! I'm so excited for you. I'm so anxious to continue reading about your adventures in Alaska. FUN!!!