Thursday, October 9, 2008

Are you kidding me?

So, i'm in the college of education at ASU. While waiting for class to start, i'm having a conversation with the girl next to me about my internship in a second grade classroom.

Me: So, I was talking to this little girl and she did something that surprised me the other day and I said, "heavens to Betsy!"

Her: What? What does that mean? *truly surprised tone

Me: *A little puzzled that she had never heard the exclamation before....."uh-----it's another way of saying 'oh my goodness.'"

Needless to say, I was definitely shocked she had never heard the phrase. So now i'm wondering what she says in surprising situations around her kids...surely she doesn't cuss?!!

3 comments:

Travis Butterfield said...

ha ha ha ha. I just noticed that you blanked out the face of the guy in the background of your big picture on the top of your blog - like he's some kind of pedophile or something. That's hilarious.

Anyway. I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your blog. You are quite the fascinating person!

Marie said...

Hey Camille! That is funny she has never heard that before. My Mom use to say it. Tyler is in 2nd Grade this year. Fun age!

Kate said...

LOL! Haven't heard that one in awhile! You should say it all the time now! It could be your "tag phrase". ;)