Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Curiosity Saved Me & maybe You some MONEY!

Did you know you could google a product and see a price comparison list? Yep, I learned that a few weeks ago and it's fun. I mean, a lot of the products that show up on the list are from strange websites that I may not ever buy from but it's cool to see how much other stores are selling it for so I know whether I'm spending too much or not.

Anywho, the reason I am telling you this is I was at Walmart yesterday and I was deciding whether to buy a refill bottle of the Softsoap or to buy a bunch of the individual hand pump soaps of the same brand. I waited til I got home to use that google feature and figured out the price difference.

Depending where you are buying the products:

1-40 oz. refill bottle costs about $5.50

1-7.5 oz. individual hand soap costs about $1.80

I am guessing you might lose 1 or 2 ounces of the 40 oz. soap in transition or it just never comes out of the bottle. So, I concluded you could fill about 5 individual hand soaps with the refill bottle.

Now, if you multiply 1.80 times 5 you get $9.00 even.

So, you would be saving a good $3.50 if you buy the refill bottle...and it would be good for the environment. The only down side is you have to refill the pump yourself. How hard right? jk. So there you have it, my tip for the day...buy the BIG bottle.

1 comment:

Photography By Jo said...

So how do you do get all the prices?